And it’s back!
You may recall last year, we dropped our yearly #sewtogetherforsummer challenge theme as the reality of the global pandemic hit; deciding to go ahead with a pared back #sewtogetherloungewear mini-challenge instead. (How apt that turned out to be). But with a new summer on the horizon, Suzy (@sewing_in_spain), Monika (@rocco.sienna) and I, (@sewsarahsmith) are back with a whole new #sewtogetherforsummer sewing challenge for 2021 – something we feel is still practical but also fun and inspiring!
Read on for some great discount codes on fabric, tracing paper and patterns!
Let’s ditch our baggy pants and sweats for now, because this years’ theme is…
Looking for Sundress pattern suggestions?
How to Join in and Enter
We’re doing things just a little bit differently this year, mainly in the official way to enter your dress to secure your chance to get your hands on one of 40+ fantastic prizes:
- You can post your pattern ideas, fabric choice, garment construction photos and the like under the #sewtogetherforsummer Instagram hashtag, to share your progress and offer inspiration to others
- How to Enter – to enter your finished dress into the prize pot, you need to post a pic of the dress being worn on Instagram using the #sewtogetherforsummer hashtage AND the #s21entry prize entry hashtag. Only the posts that use this second hashtag will be counted.
- Dress Pattern – can be any pattern you like or self-drafted as long as fits within the above definition and be newly sewn for the challenge (by all means, layer the dress if you don’t feel comfortable baring too much skin). If you would like some pattern suggestions / inspiration click HERE to read the Pattern Picks blog post by @rocco.sienna
- Fabric – woven or knits, the choice is yours!
- Feel free to tag myself @sewsarahsmith Monika @rocco.sienna and Suzy @sewing_in_spain freely on any of your posts
Discount Codes – VALID NOW!
Together with the bumper prize pot, we also have some great discount vouchers for everyone to use, as follows (please make sure to use the discount codes whilst they’re still in date!) :
We are showcasing the prizes in a separate blog post – as there’s so many of them, haha – click HERE.
See HERE for a list of just some of the patterns we love!
We hope you’re ready to ditch the drab and sew something fab!
#sewtogetherforsummer brought to you by, us…
Any questions, give any of us a shout over on Instagram or post your comment below!
Until next time, happy sewing!